Generation No. 1
1. SAMUEL1 HARDMAN was born circa 1808 in Eccleston, Lancashire, England and died between 1871 and 1881. He married MARY. She was born circa 1810 in Eccleston, Lancashire, England and died after 1881.
Notes on Samuel Hardman are:
(1) In the 1841 census of Eccelston, Samuel Hardman aged 30 was listed as bricklayer. Address: Shatt Heath, Eccleston, Lancashire
(2) In the 1851 census Samuel Hardman living at 92 Edwards Row, Eccleston, aged 46 was listed as bricklayer, born Eccleston, Lancashire. With him were his wife Mary, aged 41, born Eccleston, Alice aged 11 and John aged 4 both born Eccleston. Also listed was Samuel’s brother William, aged 39, labourer born Eccleston, Lancashire and lodger John Chadwick aged 40 glass bottle blower born Warrington.
(3) In the 1861 census for 124 Chapel House, St Helens, Samuel Hardman aged 53 was listed as bricklayer, born Eccleston, Lancashire. With him were his wife Mary, aged 50 and son John, bricklayer labourer, aged 16 both born Eccleston, Lancashire.
(4) In the 1871 census for 147 Rock Field View, Prescot, Eccleston, St Helens, Samuel Hardman aged 63 was listed as bricklayer, born Eccleston, Lancashire. With him were his wife Mary, aged 60, born Eccleston, son John aged 25 labourer in glass works, daughter-in-law Sarah, aged 40 born Kingsley, Cheshire and grandson John James, aged 4 born Eccleston, Lancashire.
(5) In the 1881 census at 54 Rock Field View, Eccleston, St Helens, Mary is listed as age 71 widow, born Eccleston, Lancashire. With her were her son John Hardman aged 34 widower general labourer grandson John S Hardman aged 14 general labourer and grand daughter Alice aged 8 all born Eccleston, Lancashire.
Children of Samuel Hardman are:
a. Alice Hardman, b. c1840 John Hardman, b. c1847, Eccleston, Lancashire, England
Notes on Alice Hardman are:
(1) No sign of Alice in 1861 census
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN2 HARDMAN (Samuel1) was born circa 1847 in Eccleston, Lancashire, England and died after 1881. He married SARAH. She was born circa 1831 in Kingsley, Cheshire, England and died before 1881.
Notes on Sarah Hardman are:
(1) Listed in 1871 census as living in Father-in-laws house, aged 40 born Kingsley
Children of John Hardman are:
a. John3 James or Samuel Hardman, b. 8th Mar 1867, St Helens, Lancashire, England
b. Alice Hardman, b. circa 1873
Generation No. 3
3. JOHN3 SAMUEL HARDMAN (John2, Samuel1) was born 8th March 1867 in St Helens, Lancashire, England. He married (1) Jessie C circa 1893 and (2) SARAH ALLSOP and (3) MARY ALLSOP 1917 in Tuebrook, Liverpool. England. Sarah was born circa 1871, Runcorn, Cheshire, England. Mary was born circa 1873 and died unknown
Notes on John Samuel Hardman are:
(1) In the 1901 census for 1 Gloucester Road, West Derby, Liverpool John Samuel Hardman aged 34 <Journeyman Carm> worker born St Helens, Lancashire. With him were his wife Sarah A Hardman, aged 30 born Runcorn, Cheshire and children John T Hardman, aged 11, Alice, aged 9, Bessie aged 5, Samuel aged 3 all born Liverpool.
(2) HARDMAN, JESSIE C WIFE MARRIED 18 F 43 GROCER AND GREEN GROCER LINLITHGOWSHIRE ABERCORN HARDMAN, JOHN S SON MARRIED M 44 CARTER LANCASHIRE THALLE HEATH HARDMAN, JOHN T GRANDSON SINGLE M 21 ENGINEER LANC LIVERPOOL HARDMAN, MARGARET C DAUGHTER SINGLE F 16 APPRENTICE DRESSMAKER LANC LIVERPOOL HARDMAN, MARY A DAUGHTER F 14 SCHOOL LANC LIVERPOOL HARDMAN, BESSIE GRANDDAUGHTER SINGLE F 15 APPRENTICE DRESSMAKER LANC LIVERPOOL HARDMAN, WILLIAM G SON M 10 SCHOOL LANC LIVERPOOL HARDMAN, RUTH J DAUGHTER F 6 SCHOOL LANC LIVERPOOL ALLSOPP, EDITH FRIEND SINGLE F 32 MOTHERS HELP LANC LIVERPOOL at 20 CLIFTON ROAD EAST TUEBROOK LIVERPOOL County Lancashire District West Derby Subdistrict West Derby Eastern Enumeration District 15 Parish West Derby
(3) Not clear if Jessie is John S 's wife, who was head of household??, previous census page is not relevant. Need to double check marriages 1, 2 and 3. Interesting that Edith Allsop was listed as friend in 1911 census.
Children of John Samuel Hardman & Sarah Allsop are:
a. Jack (John) T Hardman, b. c1890 Liverpool, Lancashire, England, had son Jack
b. Alice Hardman, b. c 1892, Liverpool, Lancashire, England, m Watts children
c. Bessie Hardman, b. 22 Oct 1895, West Derby, Liverpool, d. 3 May 1965 , m. Frank Lyne, b. 22 Mar 1892, Aberdare, South Wales
d. Samuel Hardman, b. c1898, Liverpool, Lancashire, England
e. Margaret C Hardman, b. 1895 Liverpool, m. Webb (children Joan and Elsie)
f. William G Hardman, b. c1901 Liverpool Ruth J Hardman, b. c1905 Liverpool
Notes on John T Hardman are:
(1) In 1911 census John T Hardman was listed as grandson Notes on Bessie Hardman are:
(2) Brought up Eddie Lyne biological son of Edith Hardman Had one other child Frank Lyne
(3) In 1911 census Bessie was listed as grand daughter
Children of John Samuel Hardman & Mary Allsop are:
a. Edith C Hardman, b. 16th Apr 1918, Edge Lane, Liverpool, England, m George Alexander
b. Robert Hardman, b. 7th Jun 1920, m. Margaret,
Notes on Edith Hardman are:
a. Edith had illegitimate child Edward John Lyne, b. 22nd Dec 1939, Crosby, Liverpool, England father unknown
b. Had children with George Alexander, Alma Alexander, b. unknown, Robert Alexander, b. unknown
Notes on Robert Hardman are:
Had three children, two daughters and a son