Generation No. 1
1. FREDERICK1 LYNE was born circa 1816 in Oxford, Oxfordshire, England and died unknown. He married (1) LOUISA RUDD 26 June 1835, Margate, Kent, England and (2) ELIZABETH possibly GRANT. Louisa was born circa 1812-1816 and died before 1861. Elizabeth was born circa 1829, Liverpool, England and died unknown.
Notes on Frederick Lyne are:
(1) In the IGI Frederick Lyne is listed as marrying Louisa Rudd on the 26th June 1835 in St John, Margate, Kent.
(2) In the 1841 census of Warrington, Frederick Lyne was listed aged 25 school master, with him were his wife Louisa, aged 25, and children Frederick aged 5, Louisa aged 2 and John aged 6 months. Also with them was John Lyne aged 17 probably younger brother of Frederick
(3) In the 1851 census of Aberystwyth Frederick Lyne age 36, school master born Oxford is listed. With him is his wife Louisa aged 39 born Margate, Kent and children Fred R Lyne, aged 15 born <?>, Louisa M Lyne, aged 12, born Warrington, John R H Lyne aged 10 born Warrington, William J N Lyne, aged 8 born York, Elizabeth J Lyne, aged 5 born York, Blanche Lyne aged 2 born Brabourne, Kent. Also listed was Mary Anne <Garvey> aged 18 house servant born Hereford.
(4) In the 1861 of 9 Alma Street, Everton, Liverpool census Frederick Lyne aged 45 was listed as a Publisher’s <??> born Oxford. With him was his wife Elizabeth, aged 32 born Liverpool and children Elizabeth aged 16 born York, Blanche aged 13 born Brabourne, Kent, Mary aged 7, Louisa aged 5 and Alfred aged 1 all born Liverpool. Also listed was Emily Grant shop assistant aged 13 born Liverpool.
(5) In the 1881 census Elizabeth Lyne aged 50 lodging house keeper, born Liverpool. With her was her children Alfred aged 21 cabinet maker born Liverpool, Frank aged 18 brush maker born Liverpool.
Children of Frederick Lyne & Louisa Rudd are:
a. Frederick R Lyne, b. c1836, d. (not present in 1861 census to may be dead by 1861)
b. Louisa M Lyne, b. c1839, Warrington, Lancashire, England, d.
c. John R H Lyne, b. c1841, Warrington, Lancashire, England
d. William J N Lyne, b. c1843, York, Yorkshire, England Elizabeth J Lyne, b. c1845 York, Yorkshire, England Blanche Lyne, b. c1848, Brabourne, Kent, England
Notes on Louisa Lyne are:
(1) In the 1861 census for 9 Margaret Place, Liverpool Louisa aged 22 was listed as boarder and boot binder in John Knowles’s house, shoe maker. •
(2) Probably married between 1861-1871
Notes on John Lyne are:
(1) No sign of John in 1861 census
Notes on William Lyne are:
(1) No sign of William in 1861 census
Notes on Elizabeth Lyne are:
(1) No sign in 1871 census could be married by this time.
Notes on Blanche Lyne are:
No sign in 1871 census could be married by this time
Children of Frederick Lyne & Elizabeth – possibly Grant
a. Emily Grant b. c1848, Liverpool, England, m. ?? Green
b. Mary Grant, b. c1854, Liverpool, England
c. Louisa Grant, b. c1856, Liverpool, England
d. Alfred Lyne, b. c1860, Liverpool, England
e. Frank2 Lyne b. c1863, Liverpool, England
Notes on Alfred Lyne are:
(1) No sign in 1891 census
(2) There was an ALFRED Lyne HEAD MARRIED M 48 JOINER LIVERPOOL LYNE, along with wife MARGARET WIFE MARRIED 12 YRS F 38 EVERTON LPOOL LYNE, and children ALFRED SON M 9 EVERTON LPOOL LYNE, MARGARET DAUGHTER F 4 EVERTON LPOOL LYNE, CLARA DAUGHTER F 2 EVERTON LPOOL IRWIN, JOHN BROTHER IN LAW SINGLE M 19 RAILWAY SERVANT EVERTON LPOOL
Generation No. 2
2. FRANK2 LYNE (Frederck1) was born circa 1863, Liverpool, England and died Unknown. He married CLARA Louisa ??. She was born circa 1865, Liverpool, England
Notes on Frank Lyne are:
(1) In the 1891 census Aberdare, Glamorgan, Frank Lyne, aged 28, life assurance agent, born Liverpool. With him were his wife Clara Lomas Lyne aged 25 born Liverpool, and children Florence Ada Lyne aged 11 born Liverpool
(2) In the 1901 census Frank Lyne, aged 38 was listed as a life assurance agent born Liverpool. With him were his wife Clara L Lyne aged 36 born Liverpool, listed as partially blind from childhood. Also their children Florence aged 11 born Liverpool and Edith M Lyne aged 9, born Aberdare, Glamorgan, Frank H Lyne, aged 9 born Aberdare, Glamorgan, Frederick T Lyne aged 5 born Aberdare, Glamorgan, and Alfred aged 4 months born Liverpool.
(3) In the 1911 census was listed FRANK Lyne HEAD MARRIED 22 M 48 ASSURANCE AGENT LIVERPOOL LANCASHIRE along with wife CLARA LOUISA WIFE MARRIED 22 F 46 HOUSE WIFE LIVERPOOL LANCASHIRE LYNE, and children FLORENCE ADA SINGLE F 21 WAITRESS CAFE LIVERPOOL LANCASHIRE FRANK H SINGLE M 19 ASSURANCE AGENT LIVERPOOL LANCASHIRE EDITH MARY Ely SINGLE F 20 DOMESTIC GLAMORGAN FREDERICK THOMAS SON SINGLE M 15 CABLE BOY GLAMORGAN LYNE, ALFRED EDWARD SON SINGLE M 10 SCHOOL EVERTON LIVERPOOL, ARTHUR EDWARD SON SINGLE M 8 SCHOOL EVERTON LIVERPOOL, ALBERT HENRY SON SINGLE M 5 SCHOOL EVERTON LIVERPOOL, ERNEST STANLEY SON M 3 EVERTON LIVERPOOL GREEN, EMILY SISTER WIDOW F 61 NONE EVERTON LIVERPOOL living at 27 LANSDOWNE PLACE EVERTON LIVERPOOL County Lancashire District West Derby Subdistrict North Everton Enumeration District 12 Parish Everton
Children of Frank Lyne are:
a. Florence Ada Lyne, b. c1890 Liverpool, England
b. Edith Mary Lyne, b. c1892, Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales
c. Frank3 Herbert Lyne, b. c1892, Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales
d. Frederick Thomas Lyne, b. c1896, Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales
e. Alfred Edward Lyne, b. c1900-1901, Liverpool, England Arthur Edward Lyne, b. c1903, Everton, Liverpool
f. Albert Henry Lyne, b. 1906 Everton, Liverpool
g. Ernest Stanley Alsford b. 1908 Everton, Liverpool
Notes on Florence Lyne are:
(1) Married Captain of liner?
Notes on Edith Alsford are:
(1) Edith married >>>>Hoyle had a son Eric and daughter Irene (died a spinster), Eric married Barbara, still alive 2009.
Generation No. 3
3. FRANK3 HERBERT LYNE (Frank2, Frederick1) was born 22 March 1892 in aberdare, South Wales, and died 3 May 1965. He married Bessie Hardman. She was born 22 Oct 1895 in West Derby, Liverpool and died 3 May 1965.
Children of Frank Lyne are:
a. Frank Lyne
b. Edward4 John Lyne (Adopted) b. 1939 Crosby, Liverpool, England, m. Madge Alsford
Notes on Frank Lyne and Bessie Hardman are:
(1) Brought up Eddie Lyne biological son of Edith Hardman
Generation No. 4
4. EDWARD4 JOHN LYNE (Frank3, Frank2, Frederick1) was born 1939 in Crosby, Liverpool, England. He married MADGE SHERIDAN ALSFORD 13 August 1966, Seaford, Sussex, England. She was born 1940 in Hyde, Cheshire, England
Notes on Edward John Lyne are:
(1) Listed in birth certificate Edward John Hardman (Lyne) was born 1939 at 21 Norma Road, Waterloo, Crosby, County of Lancaster. His father was not listed. Mother was listed as Edith Catherine Hardman tobacconist shop assistant 36 Hardinge Road, Allerton Liverpool. Edith was informant at same address. Registered 6th January 1940
(2) Listed in marriage certificate Edward John Lyne, bachelor, computer programmer, aged 26 of 50 Clarendon Road, Hove married Madge Sheridan Alsford, spinster, school teacher, aged 25 of 13 Kings Ride, E Blanchington, Seaford, Sussex on the 13th August 1966 in Seaford Parish Church (Church of England), Sussex. R. ? Swet-Escott was curate. Edward’s father was listed as Frank Herbert Lyne retired and Madge’s as Francis Kenneth Alsford, Commercial Traveller both witnesses to the marriage.
(3) In birth certificate Madge Sheridan Alsford was listed as born 1940 in <Ashland> Maternity Home, Hyde, Cheshire. Father was listed as Francis Kenneth Alsford, Assistant Manager, Stationery Works of 56 Woodfield Avenue, Hyde. Mother was listed as Winifred Maud Alsford, formerly Tott. Registered 27th December 1940.
Children of Edward Lyne are:
a. Amanda J Lyne, b. 1968, Malvern, England, m. Gordon Nelson
b. Sarah J. F. Lyne, b. 1970, in Worcester, Worcestershire, England, m. Eduardo Delado Tomas
Notes on Amanda Lyne are:
(1) Amanda Jane Lyne is listed in birth certificate as being born 1968 Malvern, address 22 Red Earl Lane, Malvern, Worcester. Father Edward John Lyne, occupation computer engineer, Mother Madge Sheridan Lyne formerly Alsford. Registered 15th March 1968.
(2) Amanda Jane Lyne married Gordon Nelson 23 August 2008 in Broxton, Cheshire, England
Notes on Sarah Lyne are:
(1) Sarah Jane Lyne married EDUARDO DELADO TOMAS 17th April 1998, Valencia, Spain
(2) Children of Sarah Lyne include: Damian Tomas, b. 2002, Valencia, Spain, and Christina Tomas, b. 2010, Valencia, Spain